Data Automation Data Handling Policy
Data Automation’s Data Handling Policy refers to our commitment to treat the information that we process for our customers with the utmost care and confidentiality. With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data securely, with appropriate respect to our customers, and our customers’ customers expected privacy.
This policy refers to all employees, contractors, job candidates, agencies, and any individuals or organizations that perform work for Data Automation.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of our company and its subsidiaries must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone with whom we collaborate acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
As part of our business and technology, we obtain and process many kinds and streams of information. This information often includes data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, purchase history, financial data etc.
Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of our customers. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Data will be:
- Collected fairly and for lawful and agreed-upon purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
- Stored only for as long as is needed to complete our task, including reasonable debugging and logging periods.
Data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
- Saved on any personal computer equipment, including laptops, phone or other devices.
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Be clear about what data we are collecting and processing
- Inform customers about how we’ll process their data
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our systems
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect data online
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (data encryption, access authorization etc.)
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.